November 11, 2006

Half Iron World Championships

Clearwater, FL was the site of the inagural 70.3 Triathlon World Championships which took place earlier today. The participants of the 1.2 mile swim, 56 mile bike and 13.1 mile run had to qualify in order to race. Craig Alexander and Samatha McGlone were the overall male & female champs. Visit Ironman Live for more info.

If you need to congratulate your own Ironman champ, then check out the congratulation cards at Skeese Greeets. You Rock Card


November 9, 2006

More Shops Get Skeese

Some really great bike shops have recently started to carry the Skeese Greets line of cycling cards. You’ll soon be able to find them at: Bokoo Bikes in Minnesota; Orange Cycle in Florida; Chainwheel in Arkansas; and Pace Sportswear in California. Next time you’re in those areas, check ‘em out!

If you want your favorite bike shop to carry the line, let us know and we’ll send some info their way.


November 5, 2006

Use Your Common Sense

Today is Use Your Common Sense Day. It’s sad that we have to designate such a day, as common sense should be used at least 70% of the time. The other 30% can be used for sleeping. It is true, however, that some drivers don’t use common sense when approaching cyclists. It should be quite clear, for instance, that targeting a cyclist with a bottle full of paint while driving 70 mph could actually kill the cyclist. Yet people do it. To help diminish such acts, a non-profit group in Austin, TX has formed. It’s called Please Be Kind To Cyclists and was founded by a cyclist who was severely injured by a vehicle. Check it out.

November 3, 2006

Maiden Voyage

It’s late 2006 and this is the maiden voyage of the Skeese Greets blog. The number of blogs I’ve read in the past doesn’t even equal the number of fingers I have on my hands. And I only have two hands with five fingers on each. So I’m going at this blindly.

The attempt here is to keep y’all updated on Skeese Greets, Greeting Cards for the Athletically Minded. I anticipate that taking up about 5% of this space. The rest will be devoted to cycling and triathlons and the people & products associated with these sports. But since this is a greeting card business, I feel it is my duty to inform you of approaching holidays and observances. Today, for instance, is Plan Your Epitaph Day. Until next time…